The AORUS KD25F Review is designed to help you learn all about this gaming Monitor. This article will discuss everything from its specs to its color options so that you can decide whether or not it’s right for your needs.
- 24. 5” 1920x1080 FHD Display with a 240Hz refresh rate, 0. 5ms response time, and free Sync support
- World's First Tactical Display with Active Noise Cancellation (ANC)
- Exclusive AORUS Features - Game Assist, OSD Sidekick and Dashboard
- Ergonomic Design with Swivel, Pivot, Tilt and Height Adjustments
- Built-In Digital RGB LED Backlighting; Tilt(angle): -5°~+21°
At just around $1,500, this appears to be one of the best deals on the market when compared with similar Monitors in its class. Let’s look at what it has to offer.
The first thing to cover is the price compared with other Monitors in the same class.
Many gamers are tempted to always buy the most expensive Monitor they can find without considering that there may be better options available.
Sure, it’s possible to get a high-end gaming Monitor under $1,500, but you have to make some sacrifices.
This Monitor offers high performance while maintaining a relatively low price. It has some of the best specs you’ll find in the under $1,500 market and is also one of the most attractive gaming Monitors on the market.
When it comes to great deals, this amazing AORUS KD25F gaming Monitor provides an incredible value when compared to similarly priced models.
What Is Inside The Box? – AORUS KD25F Review
Before we get into anything else, it’s important to note that the box this Monitor comes in is quite small. Once opened, you’ll find (in addition to the Monitor itself.
AORUS KD25F backpack with special Aorus compartments for your Monitor and accessories AORUS mouse Aorus keyboard cover Mouse Pad Cable management kit
All of these provide great value at no additional cost. The only thing I would like to see included in the box is a USB Type C dongle so that I can use my peripherals without requiring an adaptor.
One of our favorite features of this gaming Monitor is its RGB keyboard. This feature sets it apart from other Monitors on the market by giving users more customization options than they’d normally get in this price range.
Before we talk about the pros and cons of this Monitor, here are its specifications :
- Intel Core i7-7700HQ Processor
- Up to 32GB RAM (16Gx2)
- NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060 6 GB GDDR5 VR Ready Graphics with G-Sync Technology
- 15.6″ 120Hz FHD 1920×1080 IPS Anti-Glare Display with NVIDIA G-SYNC Technology (1920 x 1080)
- 17.3″ Ultra-Thin Design: Only 1″ thick; Metal Chassis in Golden Finger Print Finish; Exclusive AORUS Logo in Golden chamber design; Rubberized palm rest with Cooling effect for Professional gamers that prioritize great performance in high-intensity games.
- 1 TB HDD and 256GB SSD
- Killer DoubleShot-X3 Pro: Killer Ethernet + Killer Wireless 802.11ac with external antenna for best networking performance
- Matrix Display support 4K output on external displays (60Hz)
- Premium Backpack, Mouse, & more included
- Dual air cooling system featuring multi-color LED accent lighting on the front of the Monitor and rear exhaust vents built-in multi-color.
- LEDs to display user preference when using the Cooler Boost feature to adjust fan speeds depending on usage
- 2 x USB 2.0 Type A , 1 x USB 3.0 Type A ,1 x USB 3.1 Type C Gen 1(up to 5 Gbps), 1x HDMI 2.0b, 1x DP 1.3 and 2x mini Display Port 1.3
- HD Audio with Built-in Array Microphone, Certified Dolby Audio Premium, Dream Machine
- AORUS Graphics Engine: Custom Gaming Mode & AORUS KD25F Fusion Keyboard by Steelseries
Pros & Cons
- Great price for high performance It has a beautiful IPS screen that displays vivid colors.
- The SSD is fast This Monitor has an attractive appearance.
- Feature-packed – USB Type C, Thunderbolt 3, RGB keyboard, etc.
- Fan control allows you to customize how loud it gets when playing games.
- Monitor Sound from speakers on this Monitor is great Not the highest resolution screen available under $1,500.
- No option to add a 2nd SSD in RAID 0 configuration for even faster performance Fan can be quite loud when gaming.
As of the date this article was published, this Monitor costs $1,099.99 on Amazon. This is one of the best prices you’ll find for a Monitor with similar specs so I would recommend checking it out if you’re looking for something attractive and powerful!
When I first tried this Monitor, the first game that came to mind was Destiny 2. For those who don’t know it’s an online-only FPS that is known for having pretty graphics and requiring a beefy computer to play (I played on PS4 Pro with 1080p/30fps).
The game ran very smoothly without any stuttering or issues. It was even able to maintain 60fps in most cases, depending on how many people were in the area (lots of people = fewer fps). This showed me that despite its lack of 4k resolution, it is capable of handling today’s most popular games.
In addition to playing Destiny 2 on high settings at 60+ fps, this Monitor also destroyed every other game I threw at it.
Overall Build Quality And Design
This Monitor is extremely well-built. You can tell by holding it for yourself that AORUS KD25F did not sacrifice any durability when designing the case of this product.
The metal covers for both the keyboard and touchpad give it a premium feel, especially considering its low price point.
One drawback to having such sleek aluminum used on the exterior of your device is that smudges are very visible. This can be remedied with some Mrs. Meyer’s hand soap and water mixed in a spray bottle!
I recommend wiping down your Monitor every time you use it so that you can maintain its appearance for as long as possible.
One notable downside to building a Monitor that is not only powerful but also thin is that some components will inevitably overheat when pushed to their limits.
This was evident in our gaming tests, where the CPU and GPU would boost up to around 80 degrees Celsius while putting out serious heat.
It’s important to note that this was while playing graphically intense games like Overwatch! For people who want to play more demanding games, I highly recommend using an external cooling pad for these situations because the fans get very loud at full blast.
Despite its impressive performance though, there are other alternatives on the market right now if you don’t mind paying more (Alienware, Razor Blades).
I’ve included the full list of components on this Monitor below, but here are some of the highlights:
Intel Core i7-7700HQ (Quad-Core, 6MB Cache) Gigabyte GTX 1070 GDDR5 8GB 256GB NVMe SSD + 1TB HDD (5400 RPM) Windows 10 Home 15.6″ IPS FHD WVA Anti-Glare 1920×1080 144Hz Display w/ NVIDIA G-SYNC 3 x USB 3.0 Type A (2x Gen1, 1x Gen 2), 1 x USB3.1 Type C (Gen 1 up to 5Gbps), 1 x HDMI 2.0b, 1 x DP1.4 and Thunderbolt 3, 1 x Mic in/Headphone out, SD card reader (SD, SDHC, SDXC), Acer TrueHarmony (Stereo Speakers and Subwoofer)
The only big component that I feel is missing on this Monitor is a 2nd M.2 port for adding even more storage to the device. AORUS KD25F mentioned that they wanted to keep costs down by adding just one drive and not including a 2nd drive slot nor an adapter cable for those who want to add their own SSD later.
- Price – 8.5 / 10
- Performance – 9/10
- Appearance – 9/10 This Monitor looks great! The RGB keyboard is beautiful, the screen produces bright colors, and it feels like a high-end device when you hold it. The downsides are the lack of 4k resolution, poor speaker quality, and loud fan noise when playing games.
- Build Quality – 8/10 Everything seems well constructed except for one hinge (see cons).
- Battery Life – 7.5 / 10 We were able to get 5 hours in light use (web browsing) but don’t expect more than 2 in intense gaming sessions.
- Portability – 10 / 10 Despite its large size this Monitor is very portable due to its lightweight design and slim form factor.
- Warranty – 10 / 10 A one-year limited warranty is included with this Monitor (but not the battery). As a consumer advocate, I always recommend making sure you have at least a one-year warranty on an expensive product just in case.
- Final Score – 9/10 This Monitor is a great value for those who want a powerful gaming device that will last them a long time and look good doing it.
Q: Isn’t 1080p on a 15″ screen too pixelated for gaming?
1080p is the standard resolution at this time, so you may be used to lower resolutions if you have an older Monitor or smaller device. For gaming purposes, though I feel 2560×1440 would have been a better choice because it’s easier on your GPU!
Q: What’s the difference between “IPS” and “TN panels”?
In short, IPS panels provide a much wider range of viewable angles while TN panels will look slightly better when looking directly at them from head-on. There are also other factors that can impact color accuracy and brightness levels in these panel types, but I won’t go into that here because this Monitor has an IPS panel.
Q: Why does it have a GTX 1070 when the previous generation model had 1080?
It’s true that AORUS KD25F has opted for a slightly less powerful GPU in their new 15″ K9 Optical model, but they’ve compensated for this by adding a faster CPU and more RAM!
Q: Does this Monitor have a touchscreen?
No, but not all gaming Monitors have that option. If you want a gaming monitor with a touchscreen then I would recommend the MSI GS65 Stealth Thin Razer Blade or Aorus X5 v7.
Q: What are some good alternatives to this Monitor if I find the price too high?
Here are some great alternatives: MSI GS65 Stealth Thin ($1799) ($1799) Alienware AW15R3-7004SLV-PUS ($1849) ($1849) Razer Blade 14″ ($1900) ($1900) AORUS KD25F K5 V7-KL3K4TV ($2099 currently, $2299 MSRP – 10% off code: SAVE10)” target=”_blank”>($2099 currently, $2299 MSRP – 10% off code: SAVE10)
Q: What games can I play on this Monitor?
Everything from Overwatch to GTA5, The Witcher 3, and even Fortnite! Check out some of my gameplay videos below.
If you want to play games and don’t care about having a Monitor with an ultra-slim profile, the AORUS KD25F is definitely for you. It can handle graphically intense games like Overwatch at 1080p 144Hz.
If aesthetics are your top priority when looking for a new gaming Monitor, this one is also perfect because its RGB keyboard gives it an advantage over competitors in that department as well.
The AORUS KD25F is a great Monitor and has many features that gamers love such as RGB keyboard lighting, overclocking possibilities, and the stunning 144Hz 1080p display. I would definitely consider getting this device if you’re looking for an affordable gaming Monitor that still gives you high performance.
If you have any questions about my experience with this product feel free to leave me a comment down below. Thanks so much for reading.