RECOMMENDED: Click here to fix Windows errors and optimize system performance.
Microsoft has installed a Family Safety feature to restrict use by underage users in several ways, including limiting the time they spend on the system. If you find that Screen Time Limits isn’t working on your Windows 10 PC or Xbox One, you might be interested in this article. In this article, we describe the actions you can take to solve the problem.
To find out the total time a child spent on each of their devices, Screen Time Limits shows when and how long a child used their devices during the week. You will see a list of the total time your child spent on their device each day, as well as the time they spent on each device over the course of the week.
Why the Timeline screen frame doesn’t work in MS Family Account
Microsoft’s Family Security feature may not work if your system’s operating system is outdated or if your child uses hacking to get around the restrictions. Also, a corrupted user profile can cause the error you mentioned.
The problem is that the screen time limits applied to the child’s account do not work (or are reset to the previous settings) and the child continues to use the system after the time limit has expired. The user gets a sense of overload when receiving a family safety report.
An error may occur if any of the applications installed on the system interfere with the Microsoft family. In this case, removing the conflicting applications may solve the problem. One of the applications that cause this problem is Antivirus Real Time Protection.
Some settings (such as the default UAC) are necessary for MS Family Safety to function and may cause this error if they are not configured according to Family Safety requirements. In this case, the problem can be solved by adjusting the UAC and other settings to meet the family’s security needs.
To resolve a failed MS family account screen,.
April 2021 Update:
We now recommend that you use this tool to fix the error. The tool also repairs common computer errors, protects against file loss, malware and hardware failures, and optimizes your PC for optimal performance. With this software, you can quickly fix your PC’s problems and prevent others from getting them too:
- Step 1: Download the PC repair and optimization utility (Windows 10, 8, 7, XP, Vista – Microsoft Gold Certified).
- Step Two: Click on the Start scan button to detect problems in the Windows registry that may be causing PC problems.
- Step Three: Click the Fix All button to fix all issues.
Restart the Windows device
Rebooting a Windows device for diagnostic purposes may seem a bit old-fashioned, but it’s a safe start. Moreover, it has been proven to work for many users, so we recommend you to try it as well.
Sometimes a temporary error in your system causes problems in your device, and this may be the reason why the MS Family Account screen time limit is not working. If this is the case, the first thing you should do is restart the Windows device and see if the error is fixed.
Here’s how you can do it:
- Press the Start button and select Power.
- Now click the Restart button and wait for the restart to complete.
- Then verify that the error is resolved by restarting the computer.
If a momentary system error caused the problem, restarting the device resolves the MS Family Account timeout issue. However, if the error persists, continue with the following method.
Removing parental control settings
Another possible cause of the ineffective MS Family timeout are corrupted files containing parental control settings. When these files are corrupted, they cause the parental control features to malfunction, resulting in errors such as screen skipping.
Fortunately, these files are temporary and can be deleted to fix the problem. Here’s what you need to do:
If the problem occurs on your child’s device, log in to that device as an administrator. You can also use the parent account to log in.
- Right-click the Windows icon in the taskbar and click Run.
- Enter the path in the text box below and click OK.
- Program data
- Find the Microsoft folder and click on it.
- Then find the Windows folder and open it.
- Now find the Parental Controls folder and delete it. If Family Safety is enabled on another device, you can copy the contents of the Parental Control folder from this device and paste it on the target device.
- Then restart the computer and check that the time limit works on the MS Family Account screen.
If the problem on your computer is due to an error in the Parental Controls folder, you can solve the problem by deleting this folder. The screen timeout on a Windows device should now work properly.
Verify and activate accounts
Suppose the user is already logged into the device with their Microsoft account and the screen timer still doesn’t work. In this case, the Microsoft account may not be verified or activated.
In this scenario, the easiest way to solve the problem is to check and activate the Microsoft account. Proceed as follows:
- Go to Settings and click on Accounts.
- Select the information on the left side of the page.
- In the Your Information window, select Verify under You must verify your identity and follow the on-screen instructions to complete the process.
- Then check that the error has been corrected.
- Finally, verifying your Microsoft account will solve the problem on your PC.
RECOMMENDED: Click here to diagnose Windows errors and optimize system performance.
frequently asked questions
frequently asked questions
Why doesn’t screen time work if you share it with family?
how to use the screen from time to time….
How do I get around Microsoft’s family restrictions?
‘ windows_10-security ‘ fa…
How can the family relationship time limit be removed?
Feedback,microsoft screen time glitchscreen time limits not working on xbox onemicrosoft family screen time something went wrongios 14 screen time not workinghow to bypass microsoft family screen time 2020microsoft screen time request not working,People also search for,how to bypass microsoft family screen time 2020,microsoft screen time request not working,microsoft screen time glitch,apple screen time limits not working 2020,screen time limits not working on xbox one,microsoft family screen time something went wrong,ios 14 screen time not working,microsoft screen time app