- 1 Change the background image in WindowsTerminal
- 2 Set Windows terminal wallpaper in JSON file
In this article, we’ll show you how to change the background in the Windows Terminal. If you don’t like the default black background, you can set an image or even a GIF as the background in Windows Terminal. Cute cats in the background of the command line? Yes, please.
It should be noted that Windows Terminal offers the possibility to customize images as background for different profiles and environments, for example. B. one image for PowerShell, another for the command line, and so on.
Change the background image in WindowsTerminal
- Start by updating Windows Terminal to the latest version available on GitHub or the Microsoft Store.
- Start Windows Terminal and click the down arrow in the tab bar.
- Select Settings from the drop-down menu. You can also press Ctrl + , (Ctrl and comma).
- Select one of the available profiles in the left panel. Click on the one for which you want to set the background image.
- Click on the Appearance tab.
- Scroll down to the Background section. Specify the path to the image here or automatically set your current background as the background of Windows Terminal. To do so, select the Use wallpaper check box.Change the background of the Windows terminal
- To install a custom background in the Windows terminal, click Browse and select the desired image.
- Click Save to apply the changes. This action applies the default background settings to the newly selected image.
If you are not satisfied with the appearance of your image in the Windows terminal, there are a few additional configuration options. These settings work the same way as the desktop background. You can change the way the Windows terminal fills the background with an image using the Background Stretch Mode setting. Also use the Background Alignment option to change the position of the image and the Background Opacity option to make it more or less transparent.Windows Terminal Background Image Positioning Options
Newer versions of Windows Terminal have a convenient GUI-based configuration area that allows newcomers to easily configure and customize the application. But each option has a corresponding parameter in the JSON configuration file where all Windows terminal settings are stored.
Learn how to set an image as the background of a Windows terminal by editing a JSON file.
Set Windows terminal wallpaper in JSON file
- Open the file explorer.
- Path in address bar: %localappdata%PackagesMicrosoft.WindowsTerminal_8wekyb3d8bbweLocalState.
- Right-click the settings.json file and select Edit.Editing Json Settings
- Scroll down and find the Profiles line:. In the list of profiles, find the profile you want to change. Look for a string that looks like a name: Command Post.
- At the top or bottom, click Enter a name and enter a background image: PATH. Replace the PATH part with the full path to the image, e.g. B. to the background image : C:UserWallpapersTerminal.jpg. Use a double backslash when specifying the path to the image file.
- Put a comma at the end.
- You can set additional properties, such as the orientation of the background image and the intolerance of the background image. The following screenshot shows how to define these settings.Changing the background of Windows Terminal
- Save the changes.
- Restart the Windows terminal.
Tip: To make it easier, start Windows Terminal and click the down arrow in the tab bar. Select Settings > Open JSON file.
Please support us.
Vinero is counting heavily on your support. You can help the site continue to provide you with interesting and useful content and software by using these options:
frequently asked questions
How do I change the background of the Windows terminal?
How can I change the background image with CMD?
how, how, how, how, how…
How do I change the default terminal in Windows Terminal?
windows terminal settings.json exampleswindows terminal themeswindows terminal background image sizeterminal background imageswindows terminal transparency no blurwindows terminal color scheme,People also search for,Feedback,See more,windows terminal background image download,windows terminal settings.json examples,windows terminal themes,windows terminal background image not working,windows terminal background image size,windows terminal transparency no blur,windows terminal color scheme