- 1 5. Norton Error: 3048.3
- 2 6. Norton error 8506.421 and 3039.65559
- 3 7. Norton Error 8505, 129
- 4 8. Use another third-party utility
- 5 ESET Smart Security
- 6 Frequently Asked Questions
Nowadays, Windows 10 is one of the most popular operating systems used by computer users. As it’s a complex system, many of them faced errors and crashes while using it, and Norton antivirus is reported among such programs. Norton antivirus is a powerful antivirus program that is created by Symantec. It is used to protect your computer from harmful programs, and it also permits to check your computer’s health and clean up junk files.
When you install Norton Antivirus on your Windows 10 PC, you are protected from all the malware, spyware, viruses, adware, and other cyber threats. But if your Norton Antivirus gets corrupted, then you are exposed to online threats. Norton Antivirus is a popular antivirus developed by the Symantec Corporation. It is available in two versions: Norton Antivirus and Norton Internet Security.
Norton also recommends checking if your graphics card driver needs to be updated. Therefore, we have also outlined the steps for updating.
It is best to always update the drivers to avoid problems. So use one of these great automatic driver detection programs to update your drivers automatically.
- Let Norton run.
- Go to Security, then click on LiveUpdate.
- Wait for the update to complete and click OK.
- Run LiveUpdate until the message Your Norton product has the latest security updates appears on the screen.
- Restart your computer.
This error occurs when the latest Norton Antivirus update has not been downloaded. If the above steps do not resolve the problem, run the Norton Removal and Reinstallation Utility.
- Run the Norton Removal and Reinstallation Utility and follow the on-screen instructions to remove and reinstall the antivirus program.
- If this doesn’t solve the problem, download Norton Power Eraser and run it:
- Double click on the NPE.exe file.
- Click Yes or Next when the UAC appears and accept the license agreement.
- Wait for the device to scan. Norton Power Eraser checks for availability and automatically downloads a new version when it becomes available.
- In the Norton Power Eraser window, select the Junk Application Scanning option and click .
When the scan is complete, the results are displayed in the Unwanted Application Scan Completed window.
- If no unwanted applications are found on the computer, the message No threat found is displayed. Click on .
- If unwanted applications are detected, tap Uninstall and follow the on-screen instructions.
- Restart your computer.
In many cases, these errors can be corrected by restarting the computer. If the problem persists even after restarting the computer, follow the steps above.
Check the network proxy server settings
- Type Internet Options in the search box and press Enter. The Internet Options window opens.
- Click the Connections tab and select LAN Settings.LAN Settings
- In the LAN Settings window, make sure none of the Proxy Server check boxes are selected.
- Click OK to close the window.
Configuring network connection settings in Windows
- Open the search bar and type control to open the Control Panel.
- Go to the Network and Sharing Center.
- Right-click on the active network card and select Properties.
- In the Network Connection Properties window, navigate to This connection uses the following, then click Internet Protocol (TCP/IP) or Internet Protocol version 4 (TCP/IPv4).
- Click Properties.
- In the Preferred DNS Server and Alternate DNS Server fields, type the two IP addresses for Norton ConnectSafe :
- Preferred DNS : 220.127.116.11
- Alternate DNS : 18.104.22.168
- Click on Ok.
- If this does not solve the problem, run a scan with Norton Power Eraser.
If the problem persists, look for unwanted toolbars, which are usually grouped with the free software you installed. To remove the browser hijacker, read our detailed guide.
8. Use another third-party utility
Norton is a reliable antivirus software, but as you can see, it has many bugs. Therefore, you should consider replacing it with another device.
If Norton does not install on Windows 10 even after following the above steps, there is no other solution but to try another antivirus program.
We recommend using a cross-platform solution to protect your Windows, Mac and Android devices with one license for maximum security and convenience.
You can also benefit from premium features such as encryption of files and removable media. You can also store and organize your passwords and protect your laptop with the anti-theft function.
ESET Smart Security
Get rid of bugs and keep your computer safe with one of the best antivirus software.
A good antivirus program is very important if you care about your privacy and security. Norton is one of the best, but if you have problems with it, you should fix them as soon as possible.
However, other tools may work better with your computer. Check them all out in our guide to the best antivirus programs for Windows 10.
If you are a Norton user, please let us know in the comments below what bugs you found and how you fixed them.
This source has been very much helpful in doing our research. Read more about norton windows 10 issues and let us know what you think.
Frequently Asked Questions
Why does Norton not work with Windows 10?
As we now know, Norton is no longer compatible with Windows 10. So, is there a way to still use Norton? Windows 10 is now the most popular operating system in the world, with over 400 million users. The user experience is designed to be very similar to Windows 7, in part to make the transition easier. There are some exceptions, however, such as how the new Start menu functions. Some third-party software packages are not compatible with the new operating system. One such program is Norton Antivirus. The old Norton Antivirus software is designed to function with Windows 7, which uses a different security model than Windows 10. Therefore, Windows 10 is not compatible with the old Norton software.
Is Norton compatible with Windows 10?
Norton, like many other PC security and antivirus programs, is an essential tool for keeping your computer safe from viruses and other threats. However, with the Windows 10 rollout starting, chances are you’ll be prompted to upgrade your operating system. If you choose to do so, you need to be aware that your existing Norton software won’t be compatible with the new operating system. You’ll need to uninstall your current antivirus software before the upgrade, and then reinstall it afterwards. Windows 10 has been out for a few months now, and many people have upgraded to the new OS. But the question is, is Norton compatible with Windows 10? If you have Norton installed on your computer, will it continue to work after you’ve updated to Windows 10? The answer is yes, Norton is compatible with Windows 10. There is no need to uninstall it before updating, and your computer will not be negatively affected by Norton after the update. However, if you do not want to install Norton on your computer, you can uninstall it without affecting your computer’s performance.
Why is Norton AntiVirus not working?
The latest version of Norton AntiVirus has undergone quite a few changes. First, you may have noticed that the product no longer has a name. You will now be using Norton Security. Second, the company has moved to a subscription-based model, with monthly, yearly, and two-year options. This means that if you currently have a perpetual license, you will be switching to a subscription in order to receive the updates. Norton AntiVirus is one of the most well-known security programs available on the market. However, many users complain that Norton AntiVirus doesn’t work properly. When they try to install the software, they get error messages stating that their versions are not compatible with Window 10. If you are experiencing similar issues, read on for helpful solutions.
Feedback,norton won't install on windows 10norton windows 10 issuesnorton antivirus crashing windows 10norton antivirus compatible with windows 10your current version of norton is not compatible with windows 10norton not working after windows 10 update,People also search for,Privacy settings,How Search works,your current version of norton is not compatible with windows 10,norton not working after windows 10 update,norton won't install on windows 10,norton windows 10 issues,norton antivirus crashing windows 10,norton live update not working windows 10,is norton 360 deluxe compatible with windows 10,norton antivirus compatible with windows 10