- 1 2. Perform a full system scan
- 2 ESET NOD32 Antivirus
- 3 3. Remove suspicious extensions
- 4 4. Manual removal of registry entries created by Win32/Dartsmound
- 5 5. Try to delete the file in Safe Mode.
- 6 6. Performing a clean start loader
- 7 frequently asked questions
If you are looking for a good uninstaller, we have to recommend a specific removal tool.
Our recommendation tool not only removes the software you want to get rid of, but also the remnants.
This is very important because many of these residues can cause various errors on your computer.
⇒ Get IOBit Uninstaller.
2. Perform a full system scan
If you are having problems with Win32/Dartsmound virus on your PC, you should run a full system scan.
To do this, you need appropriate antivirus software. There are many antivirus programs that can help you solve this problem.
However, if your current antivirus program cannot remove this threat, you should consider switching to another antivirus program.
Our anti-virus recommendations provide excellent protection. So it should be able to remove almost all threats from your PC.
This antivirus software also has a special feature that alerts you when your system is in danger and helps you fix the problem.
This is an ideal tool for those of you who are not experienced PC users.
ESET NOD32 Antivirus
Activate the best protection against Win32/Dartsmound and other malicious infections.
3. Remove suspicious extensions
- Open Chrome and open the Menu button. Now select More Tools > Extensions.
- Find the suspicious extension and click the small button next to it to disable it.
Sometimes the Win32/Dartsmound virus can pose as a browser extension. To solve this problem, it is recommended to open your browser and remove all potentially suspicious extensions.
After disabling the suspicious extension, check if the problem persists.
If the problem does not occur again, you should remove the suspicious extension and see if that resolves the issue.
We’ve shown you how to remove extensions in Google Chrome, but the process should be similar in all other browsers.
4. Manual removal of registry entries created by Win32/Dartsmound
- Press Windows + R and type regedit. Press Enter or OK key.
- Go to File > Export.
- Now set the export range to All. Enter the desired file name and click Save to save the file. If something goes wrong after editing the registry, just run the file you just created and you can easily restore the registry to its original state.
- Now go to Edit > Search or just press Ctrl + F.
- Type SoftwareBundler:Win32/Dartsmound and click search next. Once you have found all entries related to Win32/Dartsmound, remove them. Now repeat the search until you have found and removed all problematic entries.
Win32/Dartsmound virus can make changes to your registry. If you want to remove this malware, it is important to delete all its registry entries.
This is a somewhat complicated process, and you need to be very careful because your registry is quite sensitive. After removing all registry entries, check if the problem persists.
Please note that this solution is intended for advanced users. So, if you encounter new problems after editing the registry, just run the file you created in step 3 to restore the registry.
5. Try to delete the file in Safe Mode.
- Open the Settings application. And go to updates and security.
- Select Restore in the left pane. Click Restart Now in the right pane.
- You should now see a list of options. Select Troubleshooting > Advanced Settings > Startup Options. Click on the Restart button.
- After you restart your computer, you should see a list of options. Select the desired Safe Mode version by pressing the corresponding key on the keyboard.
- After getting into safe mode, try to find and delete the problematic file.
If you are unable to remove Win32/Dartsmound virus from your PC, you may want to remove it in Safe Mode.
In case you didn’t know: Safe Mode is a special segment of Windows that uses the default settings, and you may be able to use it to solve this problem.
6. Performing a clean start loader
- Press Windows + R. When the Run dialog box opens, type msconfig and click OK.
- The System Configuration window appears. Click the Services tab and select the Hide all Microsoft services check box. Now click the Disconnect All button.
- Click on the Run tab and then on Open Task Manager.
- Task Manager will appear and you will see a list of active applications. Right click on the first item in the list and select Logout from the menu. Repeat this step and disable all applications that start up automatically.
- Then you should return to the System Configuration window. Click Apply and OK to save the changes and restart the computer.
Sometimes Win32/Dartsmound virus can be used as a normal application and run automatically from your PC. However, you can solve this problem by simply rebooting.
This prevents all apps and services you run on Windows 10 from running automatically.
After restarting the computer, check if the problem still exists. If the problem does not recur, find the suspicious application or service and remove it from your computer.
The Win32/Dartsmound virus can be problematic, especially since it can disguise itself as a normal application.
Nevertheless, you should be able to find and remove it with one of our solutions. Let us know which one worked best for you by writing in the comments below.
frequently asked questions
How to get rid of Win32 malware?
blogs ‘ unin32malware ‘…
How to remove spyware from Windows?
how to remove spyware
How do I remove Win32 Grename A?
How to remove Grenham…